As 2021 comes to an end, I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to you for your generosity and support of AIWA. Founded in 1991 by 3 women in Massachusetts, what started as a small organization has enjoyed incredible growth over the past 30 years. With 5 affiliates and members worldwide, AIWA celebrates 30 years of elevating and connecting Armenian women globally.
As a part of our 30th Anniversary Celebration, we:
- Hosted a Symposium in Newport Beach, California – both in-person and online
- Launched a redesigned website to help you better navigate the member center, upcoming events, Affiliates, and more
- Held a Founders Day Facebook Live Event on March 4
- Learning: Supported 50 new scholars, hosted 6 United Nations CSW events and 22 virtual programs on various topics.
- Careers & Leadership: Worked with collaborators to create a framework to launch programs for women entrepreneurs in Armenia next year. Future plans include raising funds to invest in Armenian women-founded companies.
- Health and Well-Being: Continued to provide support for women of domestic violence, including financial support to the Women’s Support Center in Armenia.
But there is so much more to be done!
As we aspire to have a greater positive impact on the lives of our women, we must embrace our diversity as Armenians from all parts of the world. Through unity and inclusivity, we can accomplish our goals. We have achieved so much together over the past three decades. Please join us on our journey as we look forward to a new year of helping connect and elevate Armenian women globally.
Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year 2022!
Ani L. Kharajian
President, Board of Directors