Women’s Entrepreneurship Support / Economic Empowerment
In Laurel Karabian Fund for the Arts (LKFA) lifetime Grants
In funds supporting WSC and their efforts in domestic violence
Sessions participated in annually since 2007 at the NY NGO Commission on the Status of Women
HEALTH & WELLBEING
Raising Awareness and Fostering Women’s Health through Education and Advocacy
- Host in-person and virtual events with experts, focusing on crucial physical and mental health topics.
- Strengthen Women’s Support Center’s efforts in domestic violence prevention with initial and annual contributions as well as assisting in the purchase of a safe house.
- Participate in and amplify advocacy for women’s rights through UN CSW participation.
Empowering Women: Catalyst for Change in Building Careers and Livelihoods
- Award hundreds of scholarships to female students of Armenian descent from all over the world.
- Offer webinars with experts to elevate skills and share career advice.
- Standing strong with the displaced people of Artsakh rebuilding lives and communities by providing skills based training and micro grants.
- Forge meaningful connections through mentorship events.
Fueling Ambitions and Nurturing Innovation
- Developed the Women’s Entrepreneurship Program at AUA.
- Back Armenian women founders in their startup journeys through grants.
- Propel the economic independence of displaced women from Artsakh through skill building and purchase of equipment needed to start a business.
AIWA New England Presents
All That Jazz: A Night for Celebrating and Giving
Lexington Historical Society
DINNER RECEPTION BY AIWA GREATER NY & AIWA UN
San Marino Ristorante | 64 Charlton St, New York, NY 10014
ENHANCING WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT THROUGH INCLUSIVE FINANCING AND STRONGER INSTITUTIONS
Across the street from the UN Headquarters, New York City, NY | Church Center 8th Floor
AIWA’s Next Gen Advisory Board was created as a branch within the organization whose goal is to help AIWA connect and support the next generation or Armenian Women rising stars.
It is made up of young Armenian women from the US and beyond, several of whom are AIWA Scholarship recipients. The board has led a few successful mentorship programs, including one focusing on several industries such as Law, STEM/Innovation, Medical/BioTech and Marketing/Consulting/Financial Services.
Do you want to be part of this group of future leaders?
Do you want to make an impact in mobilizing and connecting with young Armenian female professionals?
AIWA THRIVE: TAMAR CHAMASSIAN
Tamar Chamassian, Founder of 2BSEEN Marketing LLC and AIWA board member.
AIWA THRIVE: LAURA VIOLETTE DIRTADIAN
Laura Violette Dirtadian is the CEO and Founder of Leap Strategy, Risk, and Advisory Services LLC, and Affiliate Chair – AIWA -San Francisco.
AIWA THRIVE: ANNIE KURKDJIAN
Born in 1972, Annie Kurkdjian had to endure sixteen years of civil war in her native Beirut. Her childhood was marked by the noise of bombs, terror, permanent insecurity, and the inconsistency of ordinary things.