As an NGO, we hold several seats at the United Nations to ensure Armenian women are part of the world’s conversation.
Our participation in UN activities allows us to contribute to the efforts that support peace and equality around the world. The Armenian International Women’s Association has been a member of the UN ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council) and the UN DPI (Department of Public Information) since 1996. We are also a member of the UN NGO Commission on the Status of Women and host a panel event every year in March as part of NGO CSW.
Why does the UN matter for AIWA?
By participating in panels, meetings and discussions, we increase the civic engagement of Armenian women and enable them to speak on behalf of others
Having a voice and providing input means AIWA can influence the importance of Armenia and Armenian women within the global agenda of the UN.
AIWA sets an example for others and paves the way for future leaders from the community.
Become a UN rep for AIWA!
We are inviting applications from dynamic and driven Armenian women to actively participate in AIWA’s initiatives at the United Nations. Please read and submit the form below by December 31, 2019.
- Representing AIWA’s mission at the United Nations in New York throughout 2020
- Collaborating in the organization and execution of the AIWA parallel session at the UN in March 2020
- Attend a minimum number of sessions at the UN during 2020
- Attend the AIWA parallel session at the UN NGO CSW in March 2020
- Share a recap of each session attended with the AIWA Board UN lead within 3 business days of the event
- Attend monthly strategy meetings in NYC with the AIWA UN rep team
- Be or become a member of AIWA