The Armenian International Women’s Association (AIWA) is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit founded in 1991 in Watertown, MA. Over the past 25 years, AIWA has grown to a global network dedicated to empowering Armenian women everywhere. Volunteer and member-based, AIWA operates with a small part-time staff.
With a 12-member working board of directors, and affiliates in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New Jersey, and New England, AIWA has members around the world. AIWA works independently and with partners to connect Armenian women across borders and time zones; and supports women’s advocacy and entrepreneurship in Armenia.
AIWA seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented, administrative leader to support the work of the Executive Director and Board – including projects, meetings, and internal communications. The Administrator works under the supervision of the Executive Director, and must be attentive to detail, have a mastery of internet-based computer programs, and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Assists Executive Director with planning of projects, meetings and internal communications and organization
- Notifies Board members of meetings, helps prepare agenda and material for Board of Directors meetings
- Supports the work of Board committees
- Helps update and maintain website and social media presence
- Helps prepare reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence
- Helps plan and prepare for events
- Helps with online fundraising
- Monitors email, phone, mail
- Tracks organizational needs
- Professional demeanor and responsiveness and adaptability to change
- Excellence in communication, organizational time-management, prioritization of workload, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Able to anticipate and respond to organizational needs and problems
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Must be able to seek direction and work collaboratively with a team
- BA/BS Degree
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience and ease with Google Docs, Sheets and other cloud-based software and services
- Ability to assist in initiating, planning and executing projects and events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – emails, letters, professional writing
- Familiarity and ability to work on a website and social media
- 2 years or more related experience helpful
- Fluent in Armenian a plus
Administrator Hours and Pay
Approx. 10-15 hours (somewhat flexible) per week with an hourly wage of $15-20/hour
AIWA is conducting a nationwide search for candidates who meet the qualifications and have the capabilities to satisfy the job responsibilities. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Priority will be given to applications received no later than December 31, 2017. The position will remain open to applications until it is filled.