Members of AIWA-LA believe with a passion that their professional and personal ideologies reflect AIWA’s mission statement. These creative and energetic women organize extremely productive events contributing time and effort to promote the issues of concern and bring cultural awareness among members. Here are some of the AIWA-LA initiatives in progress:
CONTINUING SUPPORT of AIWA Board of Directors’ initiatives
- The Women’s Support Center in Armenia with annual contributions through advocacy and fundraising activities.
- The Women’s Entrepreneurship Program with annual contributions through fundraising efforts.
Laurel Karabian Fund for the Arts: In memory of AIWA-LA’s first president, Laurel Karabian, AIWA-LA initiated the Fund For The Arts to assist and promote young artists and musicians in pursuing their goals and encouraging projects in all art disciplines within a symphony, opera, theater, and screen among an appreciative Armenian American community. Applications for project funding is available.
AIWA-LA CONTINUING SCHOLARSHIPS
- AUA Scholarship: As part of a four year commitment to supporting women students at the American University in Armenia, this year marks the fourth year of providing scholarship with an annual contributions through the generous support of our Board members.
- Hasmik Mgrdichian Scholarship: Through the benevolence of the Mgrdichian Trustee Lysa Grigorian, AIWA-LA continues to award five students annually with a scholarship of $5000 each based on merit and financial need. We continue to believe that education is the key to empowerment. Applications for scholarship are available.
- Glendale Community College Scholarship: AIWA-LA continues to provide scholarship to students at the Glendale Community College. Applications are made through the GCC offices.
AIWA-LA ARTS, CULTURE, COMMUNITY SERVICE and PARTNERSHIPS
- Friends of AIWA Young Professionals
- Abril Bookstore & Roslin Gallery (promoting artists and authors)
- UCLA Armenian Studies and Women Studies Departments.
- Ararat Eskijian Museum
- Tekeyan Cultural Association (evening with Seran Seza)